We understand that having workers in your home, especially your kitchen, under ‘normal’ circumstances is very intrusive to your personal space. We understand that this concern is most certainly magnified during a pandemic and we want to assure you that we’re working on taking every precaution possible, to ensure that we’re working safely to limit the transmission risk of the virus.
Risk Assessments are carried out at the beginning of every job to identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus.
Kubo office staff will be communicating with households prior to any visit to discuss how the work will be carried out to minimise risk for all parties.
All members of Kubo staff will be constantly carrying out a COVID-19 visual risk assessment whilst working in customers’ homes. We will identify sensible measures to control the risks in your home.
We will reduce risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures, in order of priority. Will undertake cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
All Kubo staff agree to adhere to the following rules:
- Our team members will not access the work area via the front door, we will only use the side/back door into the kitchen/work area, where possible.
- The work area will be sealed and cordoned off to the rest of the property. The homeowner/client should enter the work area at their own risk.
- Windows will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate around the work area.
- We will pre agree with the homeowner/client which facilities will be exclusively used by our team members.
- No work will be carried out in a household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we will do everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- Will wash hands more often than usual for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose.
- We will reduce the spread of germs when coughing or sneezing by covering mouth and nose with a tissue, or sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue and throw the tissue in a bin immediately, then wash your hands.
- All touch points between front door and work area will be wiped using disinfectant wipes, three times per day at 08.00, 12:00 and 16:00 or before and after shorter visits.
- The customer is not required to provide Kubo staff with any refreshments.
- Both customer and Kubo staff members will adhere to social distancing rules, always keeping 2 m apart.
- Site visits will be kept to an absolute minimum, where possible.
- Temperatures will be taken with a contactless thermometer on site every day and recorded by all members of staff prior to entering the work area.
Stay safe all.
Owner | Designer